STATEMENT OF BELIEF
We believe that the Bible is the infallible, verbally inspired Word of God and that it is, therefore, our final authority in matters of faith and practice.
- We believe in the eternally existing, triune God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, and in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, where He now acts as Mediator and Advocate.
- We believe that Heaven is the place of eternal blessedness for the saved and that Hell is the place of eternal, conscious punishment for the lost.
- We believe in the personal, imminent return of our Lord Jesus Christ for His own, in His later return in power and glory with His own to reign in righteousness over the earth, and in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost–they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit whose presence in all believers enables them to live Godly lives.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ and in the necessity of all His followers maintaining good works as evidence of faith.
- We believe that regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for the salvation of lost and sinful men and that all who receive the Lord Jesus Christ by faith are born again and become the children of God.
Hanalani Schools uses the New King James Version (NKJV) of the Bible as its organizational standard translation.
A Non-Profit Organization for You
Hanalani Schools is an independent, Christian day school. It is nondenominational and Protestant. A Bible-centered curriculum provides the most effective means and environment to educate the total child mentally, socially, physically, emotionally, and spiritually. The school’s primary goal is to see each student accept Christ as personal Savior and is dedicated to inspiring and maintaining Biblical standards of living, learning, and conduct.
Hanalani Schools' Goals Are:
- to have a staff and a curriculum that is Bible-centered.
- to lead students to the Lord Jesus Christ as their personal Savior.
- to train students in Biblical values and principles toward usefulness to Christ.
- to help students develop mentally, socially, physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
- to help students function at maximum potential in accordance with their individual needs and abilities.
- to help students become responsible citizens, loyal to God and country.
- to provide an environment for learning that will enable students to maximize their potential.
Our primary mission is to train the children "of the household of faith" (Galatians 6:10) and provide opportunities for all children to hear and receive the gospel of Jesus Christ. From a Biblical foundation, we strive to develop students' intellectual, emotional, and spiritual capacities in a wide variety of fields and to lead students to a deeper worship of God and closer conformity to the image of Christ.
"Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."
-- Proverbs 22:6 (KJV)
Mark Sugimoto, Head of School
Winston Sakurai, Upper School Principal
Bonnie Lee, Lower School Principal
Heather Talmage, Lower School Vice Principal
Board of Trustees
|William Hopper, President
|Charles Lee, Vice-President
|Mark Sugimoto, Secretary/Treasurer